The American Legion [Volume 165, No. 4 (October 2008)]
American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana)
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- The Russo-Georgian War and the Balance of Power: The Russians seize an opportunity to flex their geopolitical muscle. By George Friedman.
- America’s Next Commander in Chief: Presidential candidates Barack Obama and John McCain share their views on national security, veterans issues and the flag. By Jeff Stoffer and Philip M. Callaghan. Birth of a War: Sadly, America learned nothing from the 1983 attack on the U.S. Marine barracks in Beirut. By Eric Hammel.
- Muted Messages: On Iraq, the U.S. media of er only bad news or no news at all. By Alan W. Dowd.
- 76 Hours of Hell: The battle for Betio in the Tarawa Atoll ranks among World War II’s most costly victories. By John Wukovits.
- Up to the Challenge: National Commander Dave Rehbein leaves the laboratory to lead The American Legion. By Matt Grills.
- Vet Voice
- Big Issues
- Living Well
- Rapid Fire
- Parting Shots
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
National Commander's Testimony before the Senate and House Committees on Veterans' Affairs, September 10, 2013 American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Dellinger, Daniel M., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2013)
American Legion. National Publicity Division; American Legion. National Public Relations Division (American Legion, 1940)
Issues and opportunities: American Legion National Commander James E. Koutz testimony before the Senate and House committees on Veterans' Affairs American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Koutz, James E., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2012)