The American Legion [Volume 165, No. 4 (October 2008)]
American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana)
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- The Russo-Georgian War and the Balance of Power: The Russians seize an opportunity to flex their geopolitical muscle. By George Friedman.
- America’s Next Commander in Chief: Presidential candidates Barack Obama and John McCain share their views on national security, veterans issues and the flag. By Jeff Stoffer and Philip M. Callaghan. Birth of a War: Sadly, America learned nothing from the 1983 attack on the U.S. Marine barracks in Beirut. By Eric Hammel.
- Muted Messages: On Iraq, the U.S. media of er only bad news or no news at all. By Alan W. Dowd.
- 76 Hours of Hell: The battle for Betio in the Tarawa Atoll ranks among World War II’s most costly victories. By John Wukovits.
- Up to the Challenge: National Commander Dave Rehbein leaves the laboratory to lead The American Legion. By Matt Grills.
- Vet Voice
- Big Issues
- Living Well
- Rapid Fire
- Parting Shots
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Rehbein, David K., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2009)
American Legion. National Commission on Children and Youth; American Legion. Committee on Children and Youth (American Legion, 2006)
American Legion. National Legislative Division; American Legion National Library and Museum (2015)