The American Legion [Volume 165, No. 2 (August 2008)]
American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana)
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- Cops Under Fire: Like combat troops, police officers deal with job stress and even PTSD. Now they’re facing a rise in aggression toward law enforcement. By Sue Russell.
- The Fighting 69th: The “ultimate embed,” Sean Michael Flynn tells the incredible story of his National Guard unit’s journey from Ground Zero to Iraq. By Mathew Tully.
- The Road to a Better GI Bill: At last, young veterans win an education benefit befitting their sacrifice. By Philip M. Callaghan.
- Misunderstood Mission: On Gitmo, public perception doesn’t match military reality, says its deputy commanding general. By Jeff Stoffer.
- Special Deliveries: The Legion gets behind the Air Compassion for Veterans program, which provides free flights for families in need. By James V. Carroll.
- Vet Voice
- Commander's Message
- Big Issues
- Rapid Fire
- Parting Shots
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
National Commander's Testimony before the Senate and House Committees on Veterans' Affairs, September 10, 2013 American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Dellinger, Daniel M., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2013)
American Legion. National Publicity Division; American Legion. National Public Relations Division (American Legion, 1940)
Issues and opportunities: American Legion National Commander James E. Koutz testimony before the Senate and House committees on Veterans' Affairs American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Koutz, James E., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2012)