The American Legion [Volume 165, No. 2 (August 2008)]
American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana)
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- Cops Under Fire: Like combat troops, police officers deal with job stress and even PTSD. Now they’re facing a rise in aggression toward law enforcement. By Sue Russell.
- The Fighting 69th: The “ultimate embed,” Sean Michael Flynn tells the incredible story of his National Guard unit’s journey from Ground Zero to Iraq. By Mathew Tully.
- The Road to a Better GI Bill: At last, young veterans win an education benefit befitting their sacrifice. By Philip M. Callaghan.
- Misunderstood Mission: On Gitmo, public perception doesn’t match military reality, says its deputy commanding general. By Jeff Stoffer.
- Special Deliveries: The Legion gets behind the Air Compassion for Veterans program, which provides free flights for families in need. By James V. Carroll.
- Vet Voice
- Commander's Message
- Big Issues
- Rapid Fire
- Parting Shots
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Rehbein, David K., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2009)
American Legion. National Commission on Children and Youth; American Legion. Committee on Children and Youth (American Legion, 2006)
American Legion. National Legislative Division; American Legion National Library and Museum (2015)