The American Legion [Volume 164, No. 6 (June 2008)]
American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana)
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- Our Other Immigration Problem: America’s naturalization system must return to the tried-and-true methods that once transformed “huddled masses” into U.S. citizens. By Alan W. Dowd.
- Saddle Magic: A nationwide movement called Horses for Heroes is improving the lives of thousands of disabled veterans. By Ken Olsen.
- A Salute to Military Fathers: As Father’s Day nears, readers share their memories of, and deep af ection for, dads in uniform.
- The Safety Net: If a military draft happened tomorrow, the current Selective Service System promises a more fair and equitable selection process. By Jay Londino.
- The Unabashed Anchor: CNN host Lou Dobbs got his first taste of public speaking 45 years ago, when he addressed a group of Idaho Legionnaires. Interview by Jeff Stoffer.
- "Godly Intervention": Children in Iraq and Afghanistan are enjoying 5,000 soccer balls, courtesy of The American Legion and other organizations. By Steve Brooks.
- Vet Voice
- Commander's Message
- Big Issues
- Rapid Fire
- Parting Shots
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
National Commander's Testimony before the Senate and House Committees on Veterans' Affairs, September 10, 2013 American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Dellinger, Daniel M., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2013)
American Legion. National Publicity Division; American Legion. National Public Relations Division (American Legion, 1940)
Issues and opportunities: American Legion National Commander James E. Koutz testimony before the Senate and House committees on Veterans' Affairs American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Koutz, James E., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2012)