The American Legion [Volume 164, No. 6 (June 2008)]
American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana)
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- Our Other Immigration Problem: America’s naturalization system must return to the tried-and-true methods that once transformed “huddled masses” into U.S. citizens. By Alan W. Dowd.
- Saddle Magic: A nationwide movement called Horses for Heroes is improving the lives of thousands of disabled veterans. By Ken Olsen.
- A Salute to Military Fathers: As Father’s Day nears, readers share their memories of, and deep af ection for, dads in uniform.
- The Safety Net: If a military draft happened tomorrow, the current Selective Service System promises a more fair and equitable selection process. By Jay Londino.
- The Unabashed Anchor: CNN host Lou Dobbs got his first taste of public speaking 45 years ago, when he addressed a group of Idaho Legionnaires. Interview by Jeff Stoffer.
- "Godly Intervention": Children in Iraq and Afghanistan are enjoying 5,000 soccer balls, courtesy of The American Legion and other organizations. By Steve Brooks.
- Vet Voice
- Commander's Message
- Big Issues
- Rapid Fire
- Parting Shots
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Rehbein, David K., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2009)
American Legion. National Commission on Children and Youth; American Legion. Committee on Children and Youth (American Legion, 2006)
American Legion. National Legislative Division; American Legion National Library and Museum (2015)