The American Legion [Volume 164, No. 4 (April 2008)]
American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana)
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- The Property Tax Rebellion: Politicians and voters need to understand that real tax relief demands reduced government spending. By Gerald Prante.
- Loan Sweet Loan: VA’s home–loan program offers security in the midst of America’s mortgage meltdown. By Margaret Davidson.
- A Well–Regulated Militia: Today’s extended National Guard deployments create a gap best filled by state defense forces. By James Jay Carafano.
- Spiritual Pathways: Ancient traditions and modern psychology meet at Washington’s Camp Chaparral, where American Indian veterans open up about their battles with PTSD. By Ken Olsen.
- More Than a Competition: VA’s Golden Age Games of er challenges and camaraderie for older veterans. By Steve Brooks.
- "The Beauty, the Brains and the Strength": An unassuming, churchgoing soldier from Utah wins America’s heart at the 2008 Miss America contest in Las Vegas. By Ken Olsen.
- Vet Voice
- Commander's Message
- Big Issues
- Rapid Fire
- Parting Shots
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
National Commander's Testimony before the Senate and House Committees on Veterans' Affairs, September 10, 2013 American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Dellinger, Daniel M., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2013)
American Legion. National Publicity Division; American Legion. National Public Relations Division (American Legion, 1940)
Issues and opportunities: American Legion National Commander James E. Koutz testimony before the Senate and House committees on Veterans' Affairs American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Koutz, James E., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2012)