The American Legion [Volume 164, No. 4 (April 2008)]
American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana)
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- The Property Tax Rebellion: Politicians and voters need to understand that real tax relief demands reduced government spending. By Gerald Prante.
- Loan Sweet Loan: VA’s home–loan program offers security in the midst of America’s mortgage meltdown. By Margaret Davidson.
- A Well–Regulated Militia: Today’s extended National Guard deployments create a gap best filled by state defense forces. By James Jay Carafano.
- Spiritual Pathways: Ancient traditions and modern psychology meet at Washington’s Camp Chaparral, where American Indian veterans open up about their battles with PTSD. By Ken Olsen.
- More Than a Competition: VA’s Golden Age Games of er challenges and camaraderie for older veterans. By Steve Brooks.
- "The Beauty, the Brains and the Strength": An unassuming, churchgoing soldier from Utah wins America’s heart at the 2008 Miss America contest in Las Vegas. By Ken Olsen.
- Vet Voice
- Commander's Message
- Big Issues
- Rapid Fire
- Parting Shots
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Rehbein, David K., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2009)
American Legion. National Commission on Children and Youth; American Legion. Committee on Children and Youth (American Legion, 2006)
American Legion. National Legislative Division; American Legion National Library and Museum (2015)