The American Legion [Volume 164, No. 1 (January 2008)]
American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana)
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- The Majority’s Right to Rule: Viewed from an historical perspective, the American people will most certainly win back their right to protect the flag. By Richard Parker.
- Flight Risk: The Andrew Speaker case has challenged public-health officials to re-examine the importance and legality of isolating the infected. By Margaret Davidson.
- Fresh Paint: Color is reappearing in the Iraqi city of Ar Ramadi, where a fragile peace continues to hold after years in the crucible of war. By U.S. Army Sgt. 1st Class Jack Robison.
- Dad vs. Beast: Former Marine Chris Everhart didn’t have time to think when he took on a wild bear to protect his young sons. By Rich Daigle.
- Sen. Daniel Akaka: Bring VA Up to Date: As the second half of the 110th Congress opens, restructuring VA and addressing the claims backlog are high priorities for the chairman of the Senate Veterans Affairs Committee. Interview by Jeff Stoffer.
- "No Shame in Saving Lives": The late Brig. Gen. Paul W. Tibbets lived long and without regret after dropping the bomb that ended World War II.
- Vet Voice
- Commander's Message
- Big Issues
- Rapid Fire
- Parting Shots
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Rehbein, David K., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2009)
American Legion. National Commission on Children and Youth; American Legion. Committee on Children and Youth (American Legion, 2006)
American Legion. National Legislative Division; American Legion National Library and Museum (2015)