The American Legion [Volume 163, No. 2 (August 2007)]
American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana)
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- Predator to Prey: Since 1993, Americans have turned up the heat on those who commit crimes against children. It’s still not enough. By Marc Klass.
- Me, the Machine and the Wind: Vietnam War hero Gary Wetzel connects the dots between military service and a love of motorcycles he shares with a fast-growing number of veterans. Interview by Steve Brooks.
- They Come to Ride: From students to retirees, homemakers to National Guard recruiters, American Legion Riders represent a diverse cross-section of the United States. By James V. Carroll.
- A Long Deadly Corner to Turn: A deployed platoon sergeant sees hope springing anew in the world’s most dangerous place. By Sgt. 1st Class Jack Robison, U.S. Army.
- Why We Can’t Fight Nice: U.S. military operations in Iraq are ruled by too many considerations. Nothing should matter except defeating the enemy. By Ralph Peters.
- Flares, Fog & Faith: A decorated “dustoff ” pilot tells the true story of how he earned the Medal of Honor. By Maj. Gen. Patrick H. Brady, U.S. Army (ret.).
- China in Space: By testing its anti-satellite capability, China played into the hands of U.S. groups that want to weaponize the ﬁnal frontier. By Michael O’Hanlon.
- Part of Something Bigger: RecruitMilitary, LLC, takes a veteran-to-veteran
approach on career placement. By Jeff Stoffer.
- Vet Voice
- Commander's Message
- Big Issues
- Rapid Fire
- Parting Shots
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Rehbein, David K., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2009)
American Legion. National Commission on Children and Youth; American Legion. Committee on Children and Youth (American Legion, 2006)
American Legion. National Legislative Division; American Legion National Library and Museum (2015)