The American Legion [Volume 163, No. 2 (August 2007)]
American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana)
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- Predator to Prey: Since 1993, Americans have turned up the heat on those who commit crimes against children. It’s still not enough. By Marc Klass.
- Me, the Machine and the Wind: Vietnam War hero Gary Wetzel connects the dots between military service and a love of motorcycles he shares with a fast-growing number of veterans. Interview by Steve Brooks.
- They Come to Ride: From students to retirees, homemakers to National Guard recruiters, American Legion Riders represent a diverse cross-section of the United States. By James V. Carroll.
- A Long Deadly Corner to Turn: A deployed platoon sergeant sees hope springing anew in the world’s most dangerous place. By Sgt. 1st Class Jack Robison, U.S. Army.
- Why We Can’t Fight Nice: U.S. military operations in Iraq are ruled by too many considerations. Nothing should matter except defeating the enemy. By Ralph Peters.
- Flares, Fog & Faith: A decorated “dustoff ” pilot tells the true story of how he earned the Medal of Honor. By Maj. Gen. Patrick H. Brady, U.S. Army (ret.).
- China in Space: By testing its anti-satellite capability, China played into the hands of U.S. groups that want to weaponize the ﬁnal frontier. By Michael O’Hanlon.
- Part of Something Bigger: RecruitMilitary, LLC, takes a veteran-to-veteran
approach on career placement. By Jeff Stoffer.
- Vet Voice
- Commander's Message
- Big Issues
- Rapid Fire
- Parting Shots
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
American Legion. National Legislative Division; American Legion National Library and Museum (2015)
Address of National Commander O.L. Bodenhamer of The American Legion at the Legion's National Armistice Day exercises at the Washington Auditorium on Armistice Night, November 11, 1929 Bodenhamer, O.L., National Commander, American Legion; American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana) (American Legion, 1929)
American Legion. National Internal Affairs Commission; American Legion. National Trophies, Awards and Ceremonials Committee (American Legion, 2010)