The American Legion [Volume 162, No. 6 (June 2007)]
American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana)
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- Red Relapse: Daniel Ortega’s return to power further fuels the leftist revival in Latin America. By Alan W. Dowd.
- The Far Enemy: The inaction of five U.S. presidents led Osama bin Laden to conclude that the United States is weak. He has yet to be proven wrong. By Dinesh D'Souza.
- A Soldier’s Husband: As Jeff Walker’s wife prepares to deploy with her Army unit, his tour as a stay-at-home dad is just beginning. By Steve Brooks.
- Quiet Professionals: Gen. Doug Brown, head of U.S. Special Operations Command, describes his elite teams’ unique role in the war on terror. Interview by John Raughter.
- Being Baxter Black: America’s best-known cowboy poet shares the roots of his patriotism and deep reverence for the U.S. military. Interview by James V. Carroll.
- The Pentagon Crisis of 2015: Americans assume that record-level defense spending has given the military all it needs to keep us safe. Not even close. By James Jay Carafano.
- A Gathering of Eagles: An antiwar march brought thousands to Washington for a counter-protest supporting U.S. troops and guarding the nation’s memorials. By Janet St. John.
- Vet Voice
- Commander's Message
- Big Issues
- Rapid Fire
- Parting Shots
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Rehbein, David K., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2009)
American Legion. National Commission on Children and Youth; American Legion. Committee on Children and Youth (American Legion, 2006)
American Legion. National Legislative Division; American Legion National Library and Museum (2015)