The American Legion [Volume 154, No. 5 (May 2003)]
American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana)
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- Critical Condition: The American Legion spearheads a national effort to save the VA health-care system.
- I Am Not a Number: A nationwide campaign collects testimonies of those caught in the VA backlog.
- A Storm on the Horizon: National Commander Ronald F. Conley explains why VA health care tops his agenda. By Jeff Stoffer. "The Final Safeguard is Me": VA Secretary Anthony J.Principi is tasked with providing care to 6.8 million veterans on a shoestring budget. By James V.Carroll.
- A System Worth Saving: The American Legion’s commander reports on the conditions of VA health-care facilities nationwide. By Ronald F.Conley.
- Veterans Deserve Guaranteed Access to Health Care: Mandatory funding is one way to breathe life into the VA health-care system. By Rep. Chris Smith, R-N.J.
- Goals Worthy of a Great Nation: The Legion focuses on the VA health-care crisis and flag protection at the annual Washington Conference. By John Raughter.
- Vet Voice
- Commander's Message
- Under the Radar
- Big Issues
- Living Well
- Parting Shots
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Rehbein, David K., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2009)
American Legion. National Commission on Children and Youth; American Legion. Committee on Children and Youth (American Legion, 2006)
American Legion. National Legislative Division; American Legion National Library and Museum (2015)