The American Legion [Volume 154, No. 5 (May 2003)]
American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana)
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- Critical Condition: The American Legion spearheads a national effort to save the VA health-care system.
- I Am Not a Number: A nationwide campaign collects testimonies of those caught in the VA backlog.
- A Storm on the Horizon: National Commander Ronald F. Conley explains why VA health care tops his agenda. By Jeff Stoffer. "The Final Safeguard is Me": VA Secretary Anthony J.Principi is tasked with providing care to 6.8 million veterans on a shoestring budget. By James V.Carroll.
- A System Worth Saving: The American Legion’s commander reports on the conditions of VA health-care facilities nationwide. By Ronald F.Conley.
- Veterans Deserve Guaranteed Access to Health Care: Mandatory funding is one way to breathe life into the VA health-care system. By Rep. Chris Smith, R-N.J.
- Goals Worthy of a Great Nation: The Legion focuses on the VA health-care crisis and flag protection at the annual Washington Conference. By John Raughter.
- Vet Voice
- Commander's Message
- Under the Radar
- Big Issues
- Living Well
- Parting Shots
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
Address of National Commander O.L. Bodenhamer of The American Legion at the Legion's National Armistice Day exercises at the Washington Auditorium on Armistice Night, November 11, 1929 Bodenhamer, O.L., National Commander, American Legion; American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana) (American Legion, 1929)
American Legion. National Internal Affairs Commission; American Legion. National Trophies, Awards and Ceremonials Committee (American Legion, 2010)
American Legion. National Headquarters; Koutz, James E., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2013)