The American Legion [Volume 161, No. 6 (December 2006)]
American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana)
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- A Battleﬁeld Too Even: Close-combat ground troops often go without the protection and weapons they need. By Robert H. Scales.
- Where Heroes Fell: U.S. soldiers who fought and gave their lives at Normandy are forever connected to a culture they saved. By Jeff Stoffer.
- A Sailor’s Diary: One World War II sailor risked his life on the high seas inventing a way to rescue downed U.S. airmen. By Brian T. Murphy.
- The Soldier Next Door: Army reservists play a vital role in today’s military. By Lt. Gen. Jack C. Stultz.
- Abandoned at the Altar: The University of Colorado hoped to marry up with its longtime partner in veterans health care. But VA wouldn’t commit. The university moved on, and veterans are left out. By Ken Olsen.
- Morin to Congress: Fund VA: National Commander Paul A. Morin tells lawmakers that VA is obligated to care for veterans of wars past, present and future. By John Raughter.
- Vet Voice
- Commander's Message
- Big Issues
- Rapid Fire
- Parting Shots
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
American Legion. National Legislative Division; American Legion National Library and Museum (2015)
Address of National Commander O.L. Bodenhamer of The American Legion at the Legion's National Armistice Day exercises at the Washington Auditorium on Armistice Night, November 11, 1929 Bodenhamer, O.L., National Commander, American Legion; American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana) (American Legion, 1929)
American Legion. National Internal Affairs Commission; American Legion. National Trophies, Awards and Ceremonials Committee (American Legion, 2010)