The American Legion [Volume 161, No. 3 (September 2006)]
American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana)
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- The War on Campus: Anti-military sentiment is back in style at U.S. colleges and universities. By Susan Katz Keating.
- Faith Through Service: Evangelical Christians in the U.S. military strive to reconcile personal beliefs with duty. By Alan W. Dowd. The Flags of Sept. 11: On the ﬁ fth anniversary of the terror attacks, it must be asked what America has learned from that day. By Debra Burlingame.
- How History Will Judge Us: Today’s soldiers draw on the past to stake out their own wartime legacy. By Larry Schweikart.
- A Prescription for Peace: American Muslims must seize this opportunity to confront extremists who exploit their faith. By Ahmed Younis.
- Financial Friendly Fire: Wounded U.S. warriors ﬁnd themselves ﬁghting against a broken pay system. By Donald Lambro.
- The Charleston Model: Veterans say communication is the key to a successful marriage between VA and afﬁliated medical schools as they consider moving in together. By Jeff Stoffer.
- One Veteran at a Time: Legion service ofﬁ cers are on the front line in the battle for VA beneﬁ ts. By James V. Carroll.
- ‘Well Worth the Cost": Finance chairman Ken Danilson explains the need for the Legion’s dues increase.
- Moving the Needle: Navy veteran Chris Michel saw his company plummet during the high-tech meltdown four years ago, but today, Military.com leads an industry it helped reinvent. By Jeff Stoffer.
- Vet Voice
- Commander's Message
- Big Issues
- Rapid Fire
- Parting Shots
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
American Legion. National Legislative Division; American Legion National Library and Museum (2015)
Address of National Commander O.L. Bodenhamer of The American Legion at the Legion's National Armistice Day exercises at the Washington Auditorium on Armistice Night, November 11, 1929 Bodenhamer, O.L., National Commander, American Legion; American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana) (American Legion, 1929)
American Legion. National Internal Affairs Commission; American Legion. National Trophies, Awards and Ceremonials Committee (American Legion, 2010)