The American Legion [Volume 161, No. 2 (August 2006)]
American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana)
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- Until Every One Comes Home: The USO celebrates 65 years of serving U.S. military personnel. By Matt Grills.
- Restricted Access: Four ﬁscal years into the CARES era, the delivery of health care closer to veterans’ homes remains an unfunded promise. By Jeff Stoffer.
- "I Was One of Them":Hostage held by Iranians in 1979 offers his take on a new book about the crisis that triggered the U.S. war on terrorism. By Rick Kupke.
- Armed Forces to Work Forces: The “Salute Our Heroes” job fair connects veterans to employers.
- "We Have a Story to Tell":
The National Museum of the United States Army salutes the soldier’s role in America’s evolution.
- Money Well Spent: After 13 years without an increase, national dues are expected to climb slightly in the year ahead.
- "Deeds, Not Words": Vernon Baker’s heroics in World War II ushered in a new era for black troops. By Ken Olsen.
- Vet Voice
- Commander's Message
- Big Issues
- Rapid Fire
- Parting Shots
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Rehbein, David K., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2009)
American Legion. National Commission on Children and Youth; American Legion. Committee on Children and Youth (American Legion, 2006)
American Legion. National Legislative Division; American Legion National Library and Museum (2015)