The American Legion [Volume 161, No. 2 (August 2006)]
American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana)
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- Until Every One Comes Home: The USO celebrates 65 years of serving U.S. military personnel. By Matt Grills.
- Restricted Access: Four ﬁscal years into the CARES era, the delivery of health care closer to veterans’ homes remains an unfunded promise. By Jeff Stoffer.
- "I Was One of Them":Hostage held by Iranians in 1979 offers his take on a new book about the crisis that triggered the U.S. war on terrorism. By Rick Kupke.
- Armed Forces to Work Forces: The “Salute Our Heroes” job fair connects veterans to employers.
- "We Have a Story to Tell":
The National Museum of the United States Army salutes the soldier’s role in America’s evolution.
- Money Well Spent: After 13 years without an increase, national dues are expected to climb slightly in the year ahead.
- "Deeds, Not Words": Vernon Baker’s heroics in World War II ushered in a new era for black troops. By Ken Olsen.
- Vet Voice
- Commander's Message
- Big Issues
- Rapid Fire
- Parting Shots
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
National Commander's Testimony before the Senate and House Committees on Veterans' Affairs, September 10, 2013 American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Dellinger, Daniel M., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2013)
American Legion. National Publicity Division; American Legion. National Public Relations Division (American Legion, 1940)
Issues and opportunities: American Legion National Commander James E. Koutz testimony before the Senate and House committees on Veterans' Affairs American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Koutz, James E., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2012)