The American Legion [Volume 159, No. 3 (September 2005)]
American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana)
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- The Good of the Company vs. the Good of the Country: Outsourcing is not the bottom-line boon many corporations promise. By Lou Dobbs.
- Libraries of Terror: Terrorists and pedophiles ﬁnd comfortable anonymity between the shelves. By Deroy Murdock.
- Things I Have Learned Since Going Blind: A Marine Corps veteran makes the most of life after sight. By Albert W. Brown.
- "Muscular Idealism": Historian Victor Davis Hanson says the Arab world must realize Islam and freedom can coexist. Interview by Alan W. Dowd.
- "We Deliver the Goods": From the Revolutionary War to Operation Iraqi Freedom, the U.S. Merchant Marine has played a vital role in military history. By Dan Allsup.
- Never to Walk Alone: In an excerpt from his new book, Bob Dole describes the faith it took to recover from his war injuries.
- Death of a Hospital: Chicago veterans remain impassioned over the closure of a downtown VA hospital. By Jeff Stoffer.
- A Flag, a Poem and a Lesson in Freedom: No American should have to tolerate the burning of Old Glory. By Miguel Pérez.
- Vet Voice
- Commander's Message
- Big Issues
- Rapid Fire
- Parting Shots
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
National Commander's Testimony before the Senate and House Committees on Veterans' Affairs, September 10, 2013 American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Dellinger, Daniel M., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2013)
American Legion. National Publicity Division; American Legion. National Public Relations Division (American Legion, 1940)
Issues and opportunities: American Legion National Commander James E. Koutz testimony before the Senate and House committees on Veterans' Affairs American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Koutz, James E., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2012)