The American Legion [Volume 154, No. 3 (March 2003)]
American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana)
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- The Fighting Irish: Experts believe the Catholics and Protestants of Northern Ireland have nowhere to go but toward peace. By Robert McGarvey.
- In Pursuit of Peace: The Good Friday Agreement is evidence that the people of Northern Ireland want an end to violence. By George J.Mitchell.
- A Deluge of Dubious Statistics: Hungry for numbers, the public rarely challenges the math of those who seek to persuade. By Jeff Stoffer.
- A Legacy of Broken Promises: Veterans are at the front of the parade but the bottom of Washington’s budget. By Jonathan Turley.
- Time for a Change: Even at midlife, it’s not too late to pursue your dream job. By Dennis McCafferty.
- The Case for Preemptive Strike: The president is constitutionally obliged to act against those who threaten national security. By Jack Spencer.
- The Poverty Sharks: Payday lenders prey on desperate borrowers swimming in debt. By Dan Allsup.
- Armed and Ready: For hundreds of years, Switzerland’s sturdy citizen militia has guarded the peace. By Ben Barber.
- Vet Voice
- Commander's Message
- Living Well
- Big Issues
- Under the Radar
- Legion News
- Parting Shots
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Rehbein, David K., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2009)
American Legion. National Commission on Children and Youth; American Legion. Committee on Children and Youth (American Legion, 2006)
American Legion. National Legislative Division; American Legion National Library and Museum (2015)