The American Legion [Volume 154, No. 3 (March 2003)]
American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana)
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- The Fighting Irish: Experts believe the Catholics and Protestants of Northern Ireland have nowhere to go but toward peace. By Robert McGarvey.
- In Pursuit of Peace: The Good Friday Agreement is evidence that the people of Northern Ireland want an end to violence. By George J.Mitchell.
- A Deluge of Dubious Statistics: Hungry for numbers, the public rarely challenges the math of those who seek to persuade. By Jeff Stoffer.
- A Legacy of Broken Promises: Veterans are at the front of the parade but the bottom of Washington’s budget. By Jonathan Turley.
- Time for a Change: Even at midlife, it’s not too late to pursue your dream job. By Dennis McCafferty.
- The Case for Preemptive Strike: The president is constitutionally obliged to act against those who threaten national security. By Jack Spencer.
- The Poverty Sharks: Payday lenders prey on desperate borrowers swimming in debt. By Dan Allsup.
- Armed and Ready: For hundreds of years, Switzerland’s sturdy citizen militia has guarded the peace. By Ben Barber.
- Vet Voice
- Commander's Message
- Living Well
- Big Issues
- Under the Radar
- Legion News
- Parting Shots
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
National Commander's Testimony before the Senate and House Committees on Veterans' Affairs, September 10, 2013 American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Dellinger, Daniel M., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2013)
American Legion. National Publicity Division; American Legion. National Public Relations Division (American Legion, 1940)
Issues and opportunities: American Legion National Commander James E. Koutz testimony before the Senate and House committees on Veterans' Affairs American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Koutz, James E., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2012)