The American Legion [Volume 157, No. 4 (October 2004)]
American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana)
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- The National Guard: Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow: For more than a century, this modern militia has been on the front line of homeland defense. By Maj. Gen. Bruce Jacobs
- A Tale of Two Constitutions: Alan Dershowitz and David Barton take sides on original intent and “reinterpretation” of America’s most meaningful document.
- Brothers in Arms: Basketball legend Kareem Abdul-Jabbar shares the story of World War II’s all-black 761st Tank Battalion.
- Built Tough: Ford retiree Tom Cadmus has what it takes to command The American Legion. By Matt Grills.
- Dusty Baker: American Legion played a big part in deciding the fate of a future baseball star and manager.
- The Case for Self-Protection: The United States should heed the lessons of Britain’s restrictive gun laws. By Joyce Lee Malcolm.
- Vet Voice
- Big Issues
- Living Well
- Under the Radar
- Legion News
- Parting Shots
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
American Legion. National Legislative Division; American Legion National Library and Museum (2015)
Address of National Commander O.L. Bodenhamer of The American Legion at the Legion's National Armistice Day exercises at the Washington Auditorium on Armistice Night, November 11, 1929 Bodenhamer, O.L., National Commander, American Legion; American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana) (American Legion, 1929)
American Legion. National Internal Affairs Commission; American Legion. National Trophies, Awards and Ceremonials Committee (American Legion, 2010)