The American Legion [Volume 156, No. 6 (June 2004)]
American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana)
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- The Greatest Legislation: The American Legion-created GI Bill laid the foundations for civil rights and a middle class. By Kenneth E. Cox.
- Not Child’s Play: Violent ﬁlms and video games battle for the soul of America’s youth. By Jay Stuller.
- The Invasion That Changed the World: The amphibious operation known as D-Day secured freedom and spelled doom for the Axis powers.
- "Toward Purposeful Dissent": A liberal professor makes the case for not opposing the ﬂag amendment. By Steven Lubet.
- "Make a Difference": Legionnaires gather on Capitol Hill for ﬂag hearing, launch of Impact 2004 voting initiative.
- Agent Orange: Haze of Deception: New evidence gives Vietnam War veterans the ammunition needed for a deﬁnitive federal study on the defoliant and its effects. By James V. Carroll.
- Vet Voice
- Commander's Message
- Under the Radar
- Living Well
- Big Issues
- Parting Shots
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
American Legion. National Legislative Division; American Legion National Library and Museum (2015)
Address of National Commander O.L. Bodenhamer of The American Legion at the Legion's National Armistice Day exercises at the Washington Auditorium on Armistice Night, November 11, 1929 Bodenhamer, O.L., National Commander, American Legion; American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana) (American Legion, 1929)
American Legion. National Internal Affairs Commission; American Legion. National Trophies, Awards and Ceremonials Committee (American Legion, 2010)