The American Legion [Volume 156, No. 6 (June 2004)]
American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana)
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- The Greatest Legislation: The American Legion-created GI Bill laid the foundations for civil rights and a middle class. By Kenneth E. Cox.
- Not Child’s Play: Violent ﬁlms and video games battle for the soul of America’s youth. By Jay Stuller.
- The Invasion That Changed the World: The amphibious operation known as D-Day secured freedom and spelled doom for the Axis powers.
- "Toward Purposeful Dissent": A liberal professor makes the case for not opposing the ﬂag amendment. By Steven Lubet.
- "Make a Difference": Legionnaires gather on Capitol Hill for ﬂag hearing, launch of Impact 2004 voting initiative.
- Agent Orange: Haze of Deception: New evidence gives Vietnam War veterans the ammunition needed for a deﬁnitive federal study on the defoliant and its effects. By James V. Carroll.
- Vet Voice
- Commander's Message
- Under the Radar
- Living Well
- Big Issues
- Parting Shots
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Rehbein, David K., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2009)
American Legion. National Commission on Children and Youth; American Legion. Committee on Children and Youth (American Legion, 2006)
American Legion. National Legislative Division; American Legion National Library and Museum (2015)