The American Legion [Volume 156, No. 4 (April 2004)]
American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana)
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- Corporate Greed Rises From the Depths: Recent corporate scandals have left many Americans reluctant to dive back into the stock market. By Robert Bryce.
- "We Need These Laws": Terrorism expert Victoria Toensing defends the often-maligned PATRIOT Act.
- An Honored Adversary: Defeated Japanese servicemembers pay tribute to Adm. Chester W. Nimitz. By Kay Grant.
- No Divine Right: Granting amnesty to illegal aliens threatens U.S. sovereignty and safety. By Michelle Malkin.
- My Heart’s Content: After meeting with a Vietnam War veteran, writer Pat Conroy realizes he’s not the man he thought he was. By Pat Conroy.
- To Make Men Free: The Sept. 11 generation knows that force is sometimes necessary. By Alan W. Dowd.
- Surrender at Appomattox: The Civil War ended with veterans in blue saluting their foes, “Americans to Americans.” By Jay Winik.
- Vet Voice
- Commander's Message
- Under the Radar
- Legion News
- Big Issues
- Living Well
- Parting Shots
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Rehbein, David K., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2009)
American Legion. National Commission on Children and Youth; American Legion. Committee on Children and Youth (American Legion, 2006)
American Legion. National Legislative Division; American Legion National Library and Museum (2015)