The American Legion [Volume 156, No. 3 (March 2004)]
American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana)
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- Trial by Fires: U.S. forest protection efforts have ironically created a tinderbox of the West. By Tom Griggs.
- Dear U.S. Soldier in Iraq: American GIs ﬁghting for civilization carry the burden of history on their shoulders. By Dennis Prager
- A Monumental Trust: Interior Secretary Gale Norton brings Americans and government together on the environment.
- Music City USA: The hospitality and culture of Nashville beckon Legionnaires for the 86th National Convention. By James V. Carroll.
- Operation Torch: For inexperienced U.S. troops, the Allied invasion of North Africa was on-the-job training. By Kay Grant.
- Baghdad’s Untold Story: The media downplay U.S. successes in the reconstruction of Iraq. By Alan W. Dowd.
- The Rebirth of Iraq: Violent resistance has not stopped a freed people from striding toward democracy. By Ben Barber.
- A Celebration of Hope and Renewal: Arts festival gives veterans a chance to showcase their talents and rebuild their spirits. By Elissa Kaupisch.
- Star-Spangled Dolly: Tennessee’s most famous songbird celebrates God and country on her latest album.
- Vet Voice
- Commander's Message
- Under the Radar
- Legion News
- Big Issues
- Living Well
- Parting Shots
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Rehbein, David K., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2009)
American Legion. National Commission on Children and Youth; American Legion. Committee on Children and Youth (American Legion, 2006)
American Legion. National Legislative Division; American Legion National Library and Museum (2015)