The American Legion [Volume 163, No. 3 (September 2007)]
American Legion. National Headquarters (Indianapolis, Indiana)
MetadataShow full item record
Table of Contents
- Failing Grades: The radicalism and political indoctrination of college campuses are creeping into U.S. public schools. By Alan W. Dowd.
- Heroes to Hometowns: Legionnaires and wounded soldiers find each other on a two-way street leading home. By Steve Brooks and James V. Carroll.
- The War That Changed the World: A D-Day survivor, a Higgins Boat driver, an Army nurse and others share their memories of history’s greatest conflict. By Matt Grills.
- "Emotional Archaeology": Filmmaker Ken Burns tells the story of World War II not from the perspective of generals and politicians but the small-town Americans who fought and won it. Interview by Matt Grills.
- The Michael Peterson Project: A country musician sings with patriotic passion and a desire to build interest in The American Legion. Interview by Steve Brooks.
- The Enemy’s Ingredients: Terrorists are the product of alienation and spiritual emptiness, not mass poverty. By Richard Miniter.
- The Slow Road to Recovery: Two years after the devastating hurricane season of 2005, Gulf Coast veterans persevere. By James V. Carroll.
- Vet Voice
- Commander's Message
- Big Issues
- Rapid Fire
- Parting Shots
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
National Commander's Testimony before the Senate and House Committees on Veterans' Affairs, September 10, 2013 American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Dellinger, Daniel M., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2013)
American Legion. National Publicity Division; American Legion. National Public Relations Division (American Legion, 1940)
Issues and opportunities: American Legion National Commander James E. Koutz testimony before the Senate and House committees on Veterans' Affairs American Legion. National Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation Commission; Koutz, James E., National Commander, American Legion (American Legion, 2012)